Thursday, April 24, 2014

And this week I learned A LOT at the TCC online conference...


 Aloha all -

So the 2014 TCC conference is coming to a close.  It's been a great ride with great presentations and lots of learning!!  I was able to watch some of my 2012 OTEC cohort present their Master's projects - that was exciting!  I remember the seeds of these projects being planted as we persevered through our first year with the ETEC program. I even earned some badges - 2 to be exact, the one everyone gets - the Futurist Badge and the Merlin Badge - for being a social media whiz (actually I tweeted 5+ times)!  There definitely is something to be said for gamification - prizes or in this case, badges are a great motivator.

This is actually my 2nd TCC conference, but I was much more engaged this year.  I'm not sure why - was it that I knew some of the presenters?  Was it that I was more familiar with the format?  Was it the lure of the badges?  Whatever it was, it was a worthwhile experience.  I was able to choose those sessions that I was interested in and also appreciated that I was able to watch recordings of those that I could not attend live.  I was able to learn about tsunamis, cyberbullying, needs assessments and tech tools to name a few.  Great presentations, great learning!  Mahalo to the planners, volunteers and presenters!  I look forward to next year!

Here's an overview of my experience using STORIFY:
https://storify.com/bigislemom/2014-tcc 

Enjoy!

And how was your conference?

A hui hou,
Terri

PS Sorry, I can't help it - got another one;)



No comments:

Post a Comment